POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Array irritation. : Re: Array irritation. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Array irritation.
From: Pabs
Date: 18 Oct 2000 22:34:17
Message: <39EE5D5E.CCAB2069@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:

> Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> : Maybe they thought that the compiler would insert instructions to convert an
> : int to a double at runtime, unlikely though it is?
>   It's just incredible how the compiler can figure out that what you are
> actually trying to do is a rotation and compiles the rather complex command
> into one rotation assembler instruction (instead of two shifts and an or).

Ever seen the sh*t f**cking code msvc produces with no optimisations for things
like the following?
++i;
the code is something like (I'm not to proficient in assembly so don't tease)
mov eax, i
add eax, 1
mov i, eax
The side effect is what we want since the value returned by the operator is just
discarded
What a waste of clock cycles - even I could tell you that
inc i
or something similar would achieve the desired result
Just because its compiled in debug mode doesn't mean I want the code to be bloated
like a bl**dy f**cking pig.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Death to M$VC & M$ - NOW
--